Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Spring Walk Around the Yard

It is a beautiful day here. Hubby and I walked around the yard to check on what is coming up. We had to wade across the yard to get to the hill. The crocus are blooming and so are the Lenten roses and sweet myrtle. There are several plants that are sticking their buds through the ground, like the peonies, bleeding hearts and Russell lupines. There are several plants that are coming up but I can't remember what it was that I planted. Soon Hubby has to trim the roses and cut off the dead sedum which gave us lovely winter interest but are ready for a new season. We took the fuscia outside for the week because it will be so warm, in case an early hummingbird comes through. I had wintered them and my geraniums and shamrocks in the basement, so I took them all outside for a breath of fresh air. I know it is only March but this weather really makes you eager for the growing season.

No comments: