Friday, February 12, 2010

I Like Being Retired!!

I really like being retired! Aside from the fact that in this economy it is nice not to be looking for a job or worrying about keeping one, it is fun being free. Well, free is a relative term. Hubby and I are members of the Lion's Club, which means we go to meetings twice a month, plus I have a board meeting every two months. Tonight we will be cutting fruit for the pancake breakfast tomorrow, which we will also work at.
Hubby and I also take Spanish lessons every Wednesday night and have been for the last 2 years. We spend a lot of time studying Spanish as well. I belong to a quilt club which has a meeting once a month and also requires some charity work. I belong to a small book club that meets once a month.
Hubby and I are Master Gardeners. Hubby is on their board and compiles their newsletter. We are required to do 15 hours of volunteer work for them and take 5 hours of education classes in gardening.
I like being free to go to lunch once a week with my Mom who is 92 years old as well as being able to help her or anyone else who needs me on the spur of the moment.
Hubby and I like to travel and do things together. He says he misses me when I am not around.
Isn't retirement great! We are busy. They are fun things to do. We are needed and appreciated. What more could you want?

No comments: