Monday, December 5, 2016

My Dollhouse Curtains are Done

I have finally finished the curtains for my dollhouse. I found it a very difficult task.  The bath and kitchen curtains were easy because I used a ready made lace for then. I used shrimp skewers for the curtain rods and bent straight pins to hold them up.  For the nursery I used scrap book paper with embroidery floss for the tassel.  I glued them in place.  My fat fingers had a terrible time getting into that corner.  The living room curtains are my least favorite. I had a hard time with the skewers and the pins with the bay windows.  The last one I finished was the bedroom.  I had a rubber pleater that my sister-in-law had given me. It doesn't work on polyester fabrics, but once I used cotton,it worked all right.  With the valence I could just glue everything in place and not worry about curtain rods. Now I just need to tackle some of the furnishings.                                                                                                                    


living room 

No comments: