Friday, March 18, 2011

Bill and Rejina's Quilt


I finished the top of my son Bill's quilt. Rejina chose the colors and the design. It is a mariner's compass pattern. I had one heck of a time mitering the corners of the border. I won't start quilting on it until we come back from our vacation in San Antonio next month. I have to set up the quilt frame in the family room because it is the only place big enough. Then I will concentrate on finishing it as soon as I can. As Hubby says, "It cuts our TV viewing in half, because we can only see the top of the TV screen."

3 comments:

Mary said...

Pretty!

Pam J. said...

Ahhhh! Beautiful. There's nothing like finishing a quilt, is there? I've probably asked this before, but do you work on one quilt at a time? I have the horrible habit of starting new quilts, so I have 23 or so in some stage or another. I did some simple calculating and realized (duh) that I have to finish a couple, or three, a year if I have any chance at all of finishing them before I, you know, before I'm no longer an "I."

Peggy said...

I have three quilts that I am working on now. I don't usually have more than two going at one time. I do about three quilts a year. I have one that I am going to freehand machine quilt, which I have never done before.