Friday, April 29, 2011

Spring is here, Maybe



Finally the tulips and daffodils are coming up. It has been a long winter and such a rainy spring, but infinitely better than the disasters in the South. We have lots of new plans for the garden and hopefully some for the inside of the house. Hubby is anxious to get going outside but not so much inside. I have to get Bill's quilt on the frame and I am experimenting with machine quilting. Super G was visiting and she has made two quilts. One she is hand quilting the other is her Math quilt and that she will yarn tie. Maybe if my daughters quilt I can justify a long arm quilter.

1 comment:

Pam J. said...

Wow! What a great terraced garden. You guys built that? I'm impressed. I will reluctantly admit that I'm a fan of those long arm quilting machines. It's not that I would want one for myself -- I really love hand-quilting (very meditative) -- but they make the most beautiful quilting! Dense, regular stitching that adds another layer to the quilt. They are kinda big aren't they? You'll need to give it its own bedroom.