Monday, October 24, 2016

Portland


We just came back from a short visit to Portland, Oregon to visit my son and his family.  We had a wonderful time. We had fantastic food! Rej's mom and dad made Indian food for us, a little spicy but great.  Bill took us on a tour of Portland and on to Mt Hood and the Bonneville Dam.  Mt.Hood was covered in snow and really breathtaking. Hubby was really excited that the Timberline Lodge had been used in the film "The Shining."

Then we drove up the Columbia Gorge to the Bonneville Dam.  I have never seen a fish ladder before, it was not what I expected. I got a chance to see Sammy's school and watch him swim. As a seven year old, I couldn't believe how well he did. He also played the piano for us.
 Oh, and Sammy has a new kitten, Nala. We spent a lot of time playing with her. It was sad to leave them and realize how far away they live.

No comments: