Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A New Hobby

A few years ago, my brother made me an offer.  If I made a quilt for his daughter he would make a doll house for me. I said I would be delighted to make the quilt but I had a dollhouse in the basement that my daughter, Mary, had bought when she was in high school.  It was in bad shape with parts missing. He repaired it and it is beautiful.


While he was working on the doll house, he was selling his electric trains. The man who came to buy them saw my dollhouse as Mike was working on it.  He said "If you like dollhouses I have one in my basement that you can have.  Mike fixed that one up for the grand daughters to play with.


I was telling the women on a quilt retreat about the dollhouses when my friend, Linda, said she had one in her basement that needed repair.  I could have it.  I gave it to Mike.  It only cost me $700 but now I have another house.  This one wired for electricity.


For Christmas I asked for books on making dollhouse furniture. My son, Jim, obliged.  This is my first attempt.  It looks a little wonky but it took three tries to get it only this wonky.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! I saw pictures at Aunt Dorothy's birthday party of your doll house from Mike. I am impressed. You two are quite talented!