Saturday, October 13, 2018

First Frost


Tonight there are frost warnings for the Detroit area.  Two days ago we sprayed all the plants which need to come indoors for the winter with insecticidal soap. Then we brought them in.  I put seven pots of geraniums in the basement and a fuchsia down there under grow lights. Some of my geraniums are over ten years old. Every year I break off pieces and start some new ones. I have never kept a fuchsia over the winter but I thought I would try. The Ficus tree came from my Mom's 35th wedding anniversary.  It wasn't doing to well lately, although it loves being outside for the summer, si Hubby pruned it.  It looks much better. The jade plant also was Mom's. It got a little too much sun this summer since we have much less shade since the neighbors cut down trees.  My Orchids and African Violets do not go outside.  My Christmas cacti and spider plants were out on the front porch and now they are in the sun garden window.  The Boston Fern is still out on the porch.  It is so huge I hate to bring it in. But it is too beautiful to just let die.

No comments: