Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A New Quilt


My nephew and godson, Michael, is getting married in June of next year. I have started on a quilt to give him and his bride as a wedding present. Michael's mother said they like bright colors and since I love purples, I picked out these colors in a Dresden Plate pattern. I have wanted to make this quilt pattern for a long time. It is a combination of piecing and applique. I already made out my Excel spreadsheet so I know I can have it done by the wedding.

All that rain over the weekend really eliminated a lot of the yellow jackets. It had been uncomfortable to sit out on the patio. We haven't been stung but having yellow jackets crawling up your arms is at the least unsettling. The humming bird feeder is now free for birds alone.

1 comment:

Mary said...

It's pretty! I really like it!