Thursday, January 9, 2014

Mom is back in the Hospital

When I went to see Mom on Tuesday, I found she hadn't taken any of her medications all week and she was very dizzy.  I took her to the Clinic and the doctor said she was very dehydrated, her sugar was up and she was quite confused. They called an ambulance but because of the terrible cold and snowstorm we waited 5 hours and then I drove her to the Hospital myself. Today they decided that there was a heart blockage and she will need a heart catheterization but only after her creatinine goes down.  The dehydration had affected her kidney function.  My brother and I have been visiting her and trying to explain to her what is happening.  My brother is great.  I don't know what I would do without him. But I am exhausted and going to bed early.

1 comment:

Pam J. said...

So sorry to read this. I hope things are better now.