Friday, April 10, 2009

Arnold Kneads Me

Every night just before I go to bed, Arnold comes looking for me. If I am playing on the computer, watching TV or sewing, he will meow and put his paws on my hips to get my attention. If I continue with whatever I am doing he will start to get mischievous. He might scratch at the speakers in the family room or jump up on the fireplace mantel and bat at the pictures on the wall. If I am in my craft room he will either lie right in the middle of my sewing or climb to the top of the bookshelves or walk between me and my light. If I am playing on the computer in Hubby's "cubical," he jumps up on the desk and starts to shred papers, which really gets my attention. He is saying it is time for bed. Arnold sleeps right next to me with his head on my arm. But something happens in the middle of the night. I understand it is kitten behavior where they knead the mother cat to get milk. But Arnold starts kneading me. He is one strong cat and I think he could easily bruise your arms doing this. I find myself using my hands to protect my own mammary glands because nothing will dissuade him in his quest. Finally he will settle back down again and we can both sleep.

No comments: