Saturday, April 4, 2009

Baby Sweater

I had earlier posted on my difficulties in knitting a baby blanket. Well, I finished it. I still have to weave in the ends. It is not spectacular but Mary says it will look better when I block it. I am not sure how I do that yet. I started a baby sweater. I was undaunted when the two fronts did not turn out the same length but when I did the sleeves the yarn kept getting tangled and I kept dropping stitches. Hubby says that is because I was watching television while I was knitting. I used Bernat Softee and it came with knots in it. Anyway the tangles reached enormous proportions so I threw the whole thing out. Hubby says it will make good nesting material for the hummingbirds. I know I can keep to quilting but I really want to learn to knit. I probably could use a knitting class.
Meanwhile Hubby has been busy making Maple syrup. The season is over know. You can only use the sap before the trees bud. The weather didn't cooperate so it was not a high yield year. Last night Hubby made pancakes for supper and we tried the syrup. It was wonderful!

No comments: