Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Olympics are Over

For many evenings we watched the Olympic happenings. I really enjoyed watching Michael Phelps and the divers. However there was much too much beach volleyball. I like watching Misty May but the men's teams didn't excite me as much. I was surprised that they showed the entire women's 26 mile marathon and I am even more surprised that I watched it all. The gymnastics were interesting but I really don't know much about wrestling or boxing and I don't even care to learn more. I was in total amazement that both American relay teams dropped the baton. The expression on the runners faces was heartbreaking. I missed the opening ceremonies but I thought the closing ceremonies were very interesting. Now we get to watch the Democratic convention which is kind of an Olympic event.

No comments: