Friday, August 29, 2008

Quirky Machines

We all know that machines can't think for themselves. They only do what they are programmed to do. Yet I know that there were times when I was working and a robot would just get lost and there was nothing to do but take it back home again. Everyone who works with computers knows that sometimes you have to just turn them off and start over again. I understand a broken appliance. Our Bun coffee maker has a coil burned out so you can only make a pot of coffee every 6 hours. But our ice maker sometimes doesn't work and has to be turned off so that it will thaw( I guess). My dryer drum will not rotate until you give it a push and then it will work fine for days. I am not saying I want to go back to a clothes line, or even ice cube trays, but are there appliances that work all the time?

No comments: