Saturday, January 3, 2009

Body Butter

I have never been one to wear much makeup. In fact I don't like fussing over my hair and even though I love a manicure and a pedicure, I seldom take the time for it. As I get older and could use some makeup I find I am allergic to almost all of it. When I was on a cruise I used sun tan lotion on my face and ended up in the infirmary with my face all swollen. When the doctor asked me what sun tan lotion I usually used, I told him, I was from Michigan. I use the Cetaphil moisturizer but that's about all. Mary also has sensitive skin but hasn't given up yet on finding the right product. Apparently she has trouble all over her body and I just have problems on my face. She gave me several jars of body butter. This stuff is really neat. No more white flakes on my black socks or the ankles of my black pants. I have never been so soft, Hubby has not noticed.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

You are a master of the throwaway line!

Look for products that do not contain paraben, a preservative. It may be listed as methylparaben, propylparaben, etc. Many people are sensitive to it (including me).

For a very long time I could not find any sunscreens or makeup that do not contain it, but now there are a few. Many shampoos also contain it.