Monday, June 30, 2008

Fun Memories

Gretel and I were talking on the phone yesterday and one of the things we talked about was funny memories. I mentioned the time I dropped my iron (which I do alarmingly often). Only this time I dropped it onto a can of spray starch and punctured the can. I had starch dripping from the ceiling. It was very dramatic. Gretel mentioned the Thanksgiving that she and Martha were baking pumpkin pies. Martha balanced the spatula on the side of the mixing bowl. While the electric mixer was running the spatula fell into the bowl and she had pumpkin all over the kitchen. My mom mentioned the time she was trying to jam a can of "Pam" into her kitchen cupboard. She took the big plastic top off to help it fit. When she jammed the can into the cupboard it depressed the nozzle and sprayed oil all through the cupboard. Worse yet she had a hard time unjamming it to get it out of the cupboard. Hubby had a funny memory. He needed to buy a 12 volt automobile battery for some special use and he needed to make sure the terminals were a specific distance apart. He was buying it from Sears, so he whipped out his metal tape measure and stretched it across the terminals. Needless to say there was a large bang which caught every one's attention in the departments and melted the measuring tape.