Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby Blanket

I bought baby yarn and a pattern for a baby blanket from Michael's last week. The pattern was called Diamond Lace in a booklet called "So Sweet Baby Afghans." I always have trouble casting on and of course this calls for 175 stitches. A lot of the pattern included "P1 tbl" or "K2 tog tbl" which I find awkward. I did about 20 rows and my stitch count was wrong and I couldn't see the pattern, so I ripped it out. Last night I started over again. I was trying to complete 20 rows even though my arthritis in my wrist was saying "stop!" In the 20th row I dropped some stitches, still couldn't see the pattern and ripped the whole thing out again. I found another pattern on line for a baby blanket and I will try it today(after I take some Aleve). This pattern looks easier. When I was pregnant with my first child, some 42 years ago, I made a large blanket on No 3 needles with a complicated pattern( I don't remember those "tbl's in it though). Unfortunately I no longer have the blanket and can't remember what happened to it.

No comments: