Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Cleaning Continued

I am still on my Spring Cleaning schedule. I remember when I was in my thirties and I did both spring and fall cleaning. (I also ironed my sheets, they were not permanent press.) Then I washed all my walls and windows twice a year. (We did live downriver near the steel mills). Now I "dust" my walls instead of washing them. I don't have 6 kids and a dog to dirty them but it is not that as much as I don't have the energy to wash walls. I wash my windows once a year but this year I was telling Hubby we need to take the triple glazing off of the upstairs windows. I could still go out on the front roof to do it but I don't think I would be safe lifting the windows. He says he will do it for me. The back windows have only a very small roof which wouldn't be enough for him either, although I used to do it years ago. My friend Margie always used to tease me that I was a "Type A person" because I got a lot done, and I did. Back then I not only did the cooking but I also canned and did freezing of fruits and vegetables. I hate getting old!!!!

No comments: