Friday, May 23, 2008

Official Master Gardeners

Last night we went to the annual master gardener banquet where Hubby and I were awarded our certificates of completion of the master gardener course and 40 hours of volunteer work. Now to keep it active we have to complete 15 hours of volunteer work this year and 5 hours of education. Our landscape design class was 12 hours so the education part is done. The banquet was very nice. It was held at the Oakland County, White Lake facility which is really a beautiful place ( if you have a wedding coming up you might consider it). They had about 5 less doorprizes than attendees. I won a flat of petunias and Hubby was one of the five.

1 comment:

Dottie's daughter said...

Hi Peggy, that sounds like fun. If you are looking for a place to do some volunteer work, my yard is available. (smile) I work so much, I don't have time to do gardening. Last night after, I went to a women serveice at my church. Our theme for the year is "Commanding Your Year." It sounds like you're doing just that. Congratulations again on your retirement/graduation.