Thursday, February 7, 2008

Engineers

My Dad was an engineer and both of my husbands were engineers so you would think I would get used to them. Engineers talk funny well maybe it's not so funny. I remember when I was 18 years old and still hadn't had my first date. My Dad attempted to console me and said. " Peggy you are like a rose that hasn't been discovered yet. It's just that your not sexy like other girls." My Hubby once said to me, "Your thighs are so soft, they're like Jello." It could have been worse. He could have said Tapioca. When I back out of the driveway he says to me. " Don't hit the mailbox." I'm so glad he told me because I was planning on plowing right into it. My husband's internist has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. It figures. I found he did his pre-med in engineering. When I decided to become an engineer my daughter said to me. "Don't do it Mom. It will ruin you!" Interesting that same daughter, you guessed it, is studying to become a civil engineer.

No comments: