Friday, February 1, 2008

An Accidental Collection


I never intended to collect cookie jars but I have trouble walking through the Cracker Barrel or Wal-Mart without picking up a season appropriate cookie jar. Most of my cookie jars are very inexpensive. Thre last one I bought was the Gingerbread House. It was in in Bed, Bath, and Beyond in the clearance aisle for $2.95. Now that is hard to turn down. When I got it home I found it even had a package of cookies inside. What a deal! The girls bought me the apple cookie jar because I always loved the apple cookie jar their paternal grandmother had. Mary bought me the Noah's Ark jar and Martha bought me the spring flower jar. I had another cookie jar from Martha with fall leaves on it but I broke the top so I use it to hold my knitting needles.

I baked the cookies on the counter. They are oatmeal craisen cookies. Even people who don't particularly like to cook get a craving for cookies sometime.

No comments: