Sunday, February 3, 2008

My Craft Room


One of the advantages of having a five bedroom house, after the kids have grown, is that there is room for your special interests. I guess children could be called special interests too but I didn't mean them. I have one bedroom converted to a craft room and hubby has one converted to his cubicle. It is very unlikely we will ever take pictures of it because, frankly, it's a mess. The room I use for crafts has its closet over the stairs so it is a big square closet with shelves in it. I also have my computer desk in it with the computer. The advantage there is that I can play Solitaire where no one can see me, but they are catching on. Since I am a quilter I have my boxes of different colored scraps on shelves on the wall and boxes of bigger pieces of material under the counter. I have a sewing machine and a serger. The dress form is a Christmas present this year but I haven't used it yet. I have a long utility table for cutting fabrics and the wall that dosen't show is full of books. It is really a wonderful room. This is where I stay while hubby is making dinner.

No comments: