Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Canada Geese

There are large reflecting pools between the buildings at the GM Technical Center in Warren, Michigan. During the spring lots of Canada Geese fly in and lay eggs, sometimes right on the sidewalks that surround the pools. The walkways become dangerous. Not only are they slippery and yucky, angry geese accost you if you get too near their eggs or goslings. Now I have never been a fan of Canada Geese. They are noisy and messy. I have never eaten a goose dinner although I have had goose liver pate and like it too, but I don't know if that is from Canada Geese, Today as I drove around the pool at the Tech Center I noticed several geese have arrived, but at 28 degrees they were walking on the pond instead of swimming in it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

If you had a dog it would chase away the Canadian Geese.