Monday, March 10, 2008

Projects

When I was a kid I enjoyed the fantasy of landing on a mountain island and carving a castle out of it. If you saw my projects list you would realize that in my old age I am just as unrealistic as ever. On my projects list I include 18 quilts, which does not include any for myself or future grandchildren. I have 18 embroidery projects which doesn't include an embroidered tablecloth which I have not bought but drool over every time the Herschner Catalogue comes. I have numerous sewing projects like the wardrobe I sew for my granddaughter every season. I also have other projects, not well defined, like a crazy quilt project utilizing my Dad's ties or refinishing Martha's cedar chest. I asked for and received some art instruction books for Christmas because I would like to learn to draw and somewhere I would like to try painting ceramics. I suppose the day I can't think of anything I would like to do, that is the day I am truly old. If I take after my Mom, Dad, or even my brother, that won't ever happen.

No comments: