Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Cat is Psychic

Earlier I wrote about our cat Savannah who is crippled but every time we talk about putting her down she shows a great burst of ability. Recently our daughter, Amy, sent us a note about the availability of another cat. I told Hubby that I really miss our cat Virginia and Savannah is not much of a pet. She stays within 10 square feet in our house which ranges from the center of the kitchen floor to the broom closet where she sleeps. She still often dosen't make it past the bottom of the basement stairs toward the litter box. Hubby isn't ready to put her down but I miss a cat who would lie in her basket next to me while I sewed and sleep at my feet at night. We have another cat Fervor but he is Martha's cat and barely tolerates the rest of us. So I said it would be nice to have our own cat. We left Amy know we were interested. This morning as I was getting dressed, Savannah tumbled through the cat door into our bedroom and this afternoon while I was quilting she nestled at my feet. Now either that cat is psychic or else she understands English. Just in case it's the latter, I said to her," Savannah if you can't make it all the way to the litter box I'm going to put you down." If she's psychic she will know I probably won't.

No comments: