Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Friends



It has surprised me that as I get older I need the company of friends. Not Hubby or so he says.(He did have breakfast this morning with some of his former co-workers). I decided to join the ladies group at our church. Now I have been a member of this church for 32 years and never had any inclination to join a ladies group before. I went to the meeting last night and had a great time. We made blankets for the palliative care unit at a hospital. I have started a book club with seven other women and I gather that they enjoy meeting for lunch as much as reading the books. I have also joined the Lions and really enjoy their company. So many friends have joined Red Hat groups, I am not ready for that yet, maybe because I still have a lot of existing friends that I haven't worked into my busy luncheon schedule.


By the way, Savannah is still sucking up, big time.

No comments: