Sunday, March 2, 2008

You Can't Judge a Book by it's Cover

When we travel I often buy books for the grandchildren. When we were in Assateague I bought "Misty" and "Stormy" for the kids. This time I bought books which were mysteries set in the National Parks. "Out of the Deep " from Acadia National Park, "Rage of Fire" from Hawaii Volcanos National Park, "Wolfstalker" from Yellowstone, and "Cliff Hanger" from Mesa Verde. I probably would have been wiser to buy them all the same book. Then I could remember who had which book. (Its OK though because I made an Excell spread sheet to keep track.) Since my granddaughter is only 5 years old I picked up what looked like an easier book. "There is a Hair in my Dirt" by Gary Larson. It was incredibly funny but I am not sure it was right for a 5 year old. I am sure her Dad, a real outdoors man, would really enjoy it. It explains that nature is not always what we think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd kept an excel spreadsheet of all Child's books. That is a fantastically anal idea. Right up my alley.