Thursday, March 27, 2008

Helping Mary

I was down in Ohio helping my daughter Mary as she recovered from knee surgery. This has been her third knee surgery and I still understand very little about it. I do know where the knee is but words like meniscus and ACL mean little or nothing to me. I was named Margaret by my mother who mistakenly thought St. Margaret was a nurse( She was converted by her nurse). My mother really wanted me to become a nurse. Fortunately for Mary her mother-in-law is a nurse because if Mary had to depend on me to change a dressing she would really be in trouble. I did manage to make some scrambled eggs for her for breakfast and heat up the homemde chicken noodle soup that her mother-in-law gave her. I also ran the vacuum cleaner and dusted. I did try to give her moral support and I brought her some chocolate.

1 comment:

Mary said...

They were the best scrambled eggs ever.