Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Waking up is Hard to do

Neil Sedaka had his hit " Breaking up is Hard to do" but mine is about waking up. I have never been an early riser. When my kids were little I stayed in bed until the last minute and I didn't stay up later either. In fact I took a nap whenever they did. Now that I am retired it is hard to get up early in the morning. Hubby used to be an early riser but since he has retired he can sleep in with the best of them. We were just getting into the habit of getting up around 8 AM when daylight saving time hit. I try the night before to make a list of what I wish to achieve the next day (on the premise that I sleep in because I have nothing to do). That helps me get things done but not get up earlier. Maybe when the weather is nicer....

1 comment:

Mary said...

Maybe you should order more packages. I find that I get up on my days off because I'm afraid someone will drop by. Like the gas meter guy. Or UPS.