Friday, January 25, 2008

Cross Stitching



I make lots of quilts (23 not counting baby quilts) and I love doing them but cross stitching is my favorite kind of needlework. There is always someone waiting for me to finish a quilt and then there is the pressure of having a quilting frame taking up space in your family room or bedroom. No one waits on my counted cross stitch, I do it at my own pace, just for me. My cross stitch is not perfect. In fact I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw a sample of my daughter-in-laws stitching. I guess I never took lessons, just picked up a kit and started. The one drawback to embroidery is "What are you going to do with it?" Almost every room in my house has some cross stitch displayed, except for those rooms that hubby hasn't finished the frames for them. These pictures shown here are in my guest room and bath. John gave me the perfect cross stitch pattern for Cristmas last year. It is called "City Fish" and the pattern takes 15 pages. I am struggling to do 3 pages a year so it will take me 5 years to complete. That solves the problem of having too much to display.

No comments: