Monday, January 21, 2008

The Purple Rose Theater

Yesterday the Lions club had an outing to the Purple Rose Theater in Chelsea Michigan. We saw a play called "Vino Veritas"written by David Mac Gregor. It was a very funny comedy but also discussed some very serious topics. The play was rivetting. The actors really incredible. The Purple Rose Theater group was founded by Jeff Daniels of "Escanaba in da Moonlight" fame. Chelsea is a delightful little town. If the temperature wasn't nine degrees out we might have looked around more. We did have dinner at the Common Grill and it was wonderful. I have mentioned before how much I enjoy the Lions. The people we had dinner with were fun and interesting to talk to. As a result of this I know hubby and I intend to catch other plays at the Purple Rose and take some time to tour Chelsea( the Jiffy mix factory is there). I hope the Lions schedule another play too.

No comments: