Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lunch with Mom

I am the luckiest girl in the world. Every Wednesday, my Mom and I go out to lunch and shopping. Mom celebrated her 90th birthday last month. We had a party for her and almost 60 people attended. She was thrilled and had a wonderful time. She said the best thing was that she knew everybody there and remembered their names. Like I said Mom and I went out to lunch and we went shopping at Joann Fabrics. We take turns buying lunch. We usually go to Bob Evans for lunch but that is not near Joann's. We go to the Dollar Tree several times a month because that is our favorite store and we dare each other to go through the store without buying anything at all. Mom is fun to talk with. We talk about religion, social problems, politics, books and television programs. We both had seen Frontline last night and we discussed that in detail. My Mom is a treasure and I look forward to Wednesdays.

No comments: