Friday, January 4, 2008

Virginia


Today I had to put my cat, Virginia , to sleep. She was 17 years old and over the last 4 months was having greater difficulty finding the litter box. We moved it into our bathroom off of our bedroom to no avail. Virginia was not a very sociable cat. If she heard a new voice in the house, she darted under the bed. Most of the grandchildren had never seen her. I did find it comforting that she slept at my feet and in the last few months on my chest.

Cats are strange animals. We have had several over the years. My hubby is nuts about them. He put a cat door in our bedroom door so that the cat could go in and out but we could have some privacy too. One of our cats, Savannah, is a very large cat, much over the 12 pounds the cat door was designed for. When she would go through the door during the night she would cause the whole door to bang on the jam. Fervor, our kitten, would wait outside the cat door to jump though and startle the cat on the other side.

No comments: