Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Remember the Face

Last week, or when ever it was that Michigan had its primary election, I saw a familiar face as I was going into the polls. The woman immediately said "Peggy, how are you?" We talked a few minutes and then I finally said. "I'm sorry I don't remember your name." I thought that was embarrassing enough but this morning it sort of happened again. We had stopped for breakfast at the local grill after church and on the way out I saw another familiar face. Only this time I knew who it was. I thought I did. I introduced her to my husband and then she said she wasn't that person. She was the person who had lived next door to me for ten years. Of course she moved away twenty years ago. Now the question is, is it more embarrassing to not have any idea what a person's name is or guess the wrong one? I think I should work on my Brain Age Program more.

No comments: